Welcome to another Sunday Sonnet.
I continued to read Breath this week. In fact, I went back over key areas around some of the practice.
I'm also interested in going deeper into the science of breathing as I find it a fascinating topic, and I've had some profound insights into my own health and habits as a result of simply looking.
For instance, a lack of, or decreased in Co2 can cause the parasympathetic nervous system to shut down - leaving the sympathetic nervo...
Hi there. Clarke here.
Sorry to do this to you but you've stumbled across member-only content.
I have a free newsletter called, Meditate or Die Newsletter here http://clarkescott.com/newsletter
Or you can become an Insider and continue reading. More on the memberships I offer below.
The Meditate or Die Insiders is a members-only subscription-based area of this website. Inside you’ll find in-depth articles on self-development, exclusive members-only videos, implementation guides, online workshops, and more.
What does a membership include?
I offer a monthly subscription of $8 per month USD or $47 per year USD for access to in-depth exclusive members-only articles, exclusive member-only newsletters, online workshops, and member-only Q&A’s videos.
- Deep-dive articles.
- Article video commentaries.
- Members-only newsletter.
- Monthly Q&A videos.
- Exclusive online workshops.
- Members-only implementation self-development guides.
- And more…
Topics I write about include:
- Practical strategies for making your day-to-day work more meaningful.
- The nature of human attention and the flow state
- Insights from cognitive science we can use to change our behavior
- Practical techniques to enhance creativity
- Emotional intelligence and self-awareness as learnable skills
- The role of entrepreneurship in the future of work
- New perspectives on traditional topics like goals, habits, and time management
- What personal growth looks like when thought of as “philosophy as practice.”
- Deep trends in technology and culture and how they impact self-development
- Exploring the theories of ethics, aesthetics, epistemology, and metaphysics as they related to self-development.
- and much much more…
Why the name Meditate or Die Insiders?
The phrase Meditate or Die is the title of my upcoming book, which should be available in 2021, and full of stories like – How to Bend Like a Piece of Wood.
It’s a book about why we need to meditate, and what happens when we don’t.
While the phrase “insiders” indicates an orientation to life, born of understanding the strategies that lead to living a good life start and end inside oneself.
That is to say, our mind, our psychology, is the foundational element in the topics of self-development, personal development, and self-improvement, and through deepening one’s understanding of these topics we are in fact gifting ourselves with the wisdom of eudemonia.
But none of us can make this vision a reality alone. We need a tribe with a shared purpose to connect and collaborate with, in order for this wisdom to be unveiled.
I see my role as one of teasing out the seeds of insight—thought pieces, implementation guides, case studies, experiments, videos, articles, etc.—to help you identify and access new sources of wisdom, which you can implement into your own life.
If you enjoy mind-bending ideas on topics such as those listed below, as well as practical guides to help you implement these ideas; if you are tired of the same old endlessly repeated “self-help” BS, and you believe that going inside can be a source of profound personal growth, you’ll feel right at home.